ICA Validation Gateway
To simplify the usage of the emiratesID card and its certificates ICA has set up a Validation Gateway (VG). VG will enable governments, organizations as well as individuals to make use of the emiratesID card in an online scenario.
The VG is a service available online that offers a wide variety of digital functionality related to the emiratesID card. Users and organizations can (after approval from ICA) without any programming knowledge and without being a cryptographic expert connect to the VG and benefit from its many functionalities to perform online services where the emiratesID cards are used for authentication and signing. The emiratesID as the single ID, both physically and digitally, will enhance and secure services online.
It will not only improve effectiveness as the need of paper copies will be removed and information will be easier and more securely available but it will also enhance security and accuracy as the emiratesID card will be the single, trusted, source for user data.
Government agencies and corporate organizations can now make use of the infrastructure of the emiratesID card and Validation Gateway to offer more services online and thereby improve their own processes as well as providing better services for their citizens and customers.
Benefits for the Cardholder
- It saves time from being identity vetted and proofed everywhere.
- It enables a more efficient and secures e-government web access service.
- It facilitates commerce by providing a basis for trust that can spawn other identities for us by other government agencies or serviceproviders in both public and private sectors.
The card holder will have one single ID card to use both physically as well as digitally (online).
The card holder does not need to have multiple ID Card, passports etc to interact with government agencies or corporate organizations.
More and more services will be offered online making it more available to the card holders.
The card holder will be offered a higher level of security and the risk of fraud is substantially decreased.
The solution provides a trusted foundation so people can prove who they are without giving away so much personal information that is stored in so many places like hospitals, doctors, credit card companies, banks, insurance companies and many others companies.
The ICA identity scheme gives card holders control of their identity; they decide when they want to present the credential and when they do not.
Benefits for Service Providers
- Securely identifying individuals for accessing online services, i.e. governmental portals, online banking, private organizations web applications etc.
- Making more services available for the card holders online thus being more efficient.
- Reducing the need of multiple databases containing parts of information about the individual, thus also reducing risk of errors in typing or collecting information.
- Enhancing security for the card holders when using online services by signing and encrypting data.
- Reducing the amount of papers when documents can be handled and stored electronic.
Using the certificates on the emiratetsID card together with the Validation Gateway organisations can take the step to enabling more services online without complex developments.
Validation Gateway removes the complexity from the organisation that wishes to make use of the emiratesID card for online services.