- Total Transactions1,200,598
Save the code to view service
Acquiring an ID card is mandatory for all individuals residing in the UAE , i.e. UAE nationals, GCC nationals, expats and residents
There are three high level steps to apply for a renewal of your FAIC card:
- Step 1 Registration Registration
- Step 2 Submit an application and Paying the fees Submit an application and Paying the fees
- Step 3 Confirm your biometrics Confirm your biometrics
- Step 4 Complete the procedures for issuing residency (Only for expat) Complete the procedures for issuing residency (Only for expat)
- Step 5 Collect your new ID Emirates Post office Collect your new ID Emi
For more information, or help, you can directly contact us via ask hamad service or contact FAIC on 6005 30003 .
- Original valid passport
- Residency card or entry visa
- AED 100 for issuance or renewal of UAE nationals or GCC nationals ID cards for 5 years validity or AED 200 for 10 years validity. AED 70 is an additional fee that is collected in case of submitting the application through printing offices or AED 40 in case of submitting e-applications through EIDA website
- AED 100 for issuance or renewal of residents ID cards (for each residency year). AED 70 is an additional fee that is collected in case of submitting the application through printing offices or AED 40 in case of submitting e-applications through EIA website
- AED 1000 (per individual + per family + per day) for provision of transport service vehicle for family members for one day for UAE nationals, GCC nationals and residents. Customers can acquire the serivce by contacting the call center or visiting service centers. VIPs, social welfare beneficiaries, elderly, special needs and autistic individuals who are unable to go to the service centers
- AED 150 express service fees in main service centers
Fees are not applicable to social welfare beneficiaries, special needs and autistic individuals
Services which are excluded from fees exemption: (provision of transport service + express services)
First time application to Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (ICA).
All individuals residing in the UAE including UAE nationals, GCC nationals, expats and residents who have not been issued ID cards
- In case of receiving incorrect data, customers are notified through text message to update their application form via the website or the printing office
- ID cards that are issued for UAE nationals are valid for 5 years from the date of issuance for UAE nationals (or 10 years for an additional fee of AED 100)
- ID cards that are issued for GCC nationals are valid for 5 years from the date of issuance
- ID cards that are issued for residents are dependant on the duration of the residency permit
- An express processing service for ID cards is available in registration centers for UAE nationals, GCC nationals and residents. Additional service fees of AED 150 are applicable for express processing within 48 hours
- The express processing service is available to UAE nationals, GCC nationals and residents
- Applications are cancelled in case they are submitted with missing information or in case applicants fail to pay the service fees within 60 days of submission
- Expats are not issued ID cards until they receive residency visa. Pending applications are cancelled in case applicants fail to submit residency permits within 60 days of submission
- Customers who are late in submitting ID card applications are fined AED 20 per day up till a maximum of AED 1000
- ID shall be issued within 5 working days from the time of submitting the application (Provided that all security permits and other procedures are completed on time(
- ID shall be delivered to those who apply for the Express service within 48 hours from the time the replacement application is submitted.
Service shall be available 24 hours/ 7 days a week through the mobile application or the live chat and service center.
- e-form at Emirates identity authority website
- typing centers
- mobile app
- I would like to apply for UAE ID for the first time
- I have inquired about UAE Identity Authority services to get more information about available services
- I was informed of the steps to be followed to fill in the application
- I have filled out my application and it was submitted through my preferred channel.
- I have received a text message including the serial number of my application.
- I have visited the registration center to present my medical status details.
- I have received a text message informing me of the status of my application and the expected date of delivery through my preferred channel.
- I have received my UAE ID through my preferred channel.
- I have been urged to provide my feedback on the application process.
- I have provided my feedback about my experience with Emirates ID through my preferred channel.